Last Updated on May 13, 2021 by May Jones
Do Corgis Need Ramps?
In short, dog ramps and stairs can help our corgis to be independent and to stay healthy.
Some corgis suffer from medical conditions, that makes it harder for them to get onto beds, couches, or into the car.
Many corgi parents also use dog ramps and stairs as a preventative tool to keep their dog happy and healthy for as long as possible.
That’s because when corgis routinely jump up and down from cars and furniture, it puts stress on their spine and joints. The corgi is a breed of dog that’s already prone to back injuries.
Prolonged stress can lead to wear & tear which results in health problems. So, that’s how starting to use dog ramps and dog stairs as early as possible can result in a better quality of life for our dogs.
Below I’ll share with you my favourite type of stairs and ramps for corgis.
Low Maintenance Corgi Stairs
- Continue cuddle time: Use the steps to help your best friend climb up on the sofa or bed all by themselves to improve quality time together
- Safety tested for durability: These durable steps are independently tested and rated to support pets up to 150 pounds
- Lightweight: Weighing only 5 pounds the pet steps are easy to carry around the house wherever you need them
- No slipping: Nonskid feet, fabric tread covers and side-rails keep the steps from moving and your pet from sliding when using it to get on and off of furniture
- Simple to store: Pet Steps fold down flat so you can easily store them under your couch or bed
- From $39.95 – See on Amazon
Stylish Corgi Stairs
- Safer, Wider & Deeper Steps: Each step is 15.75in x 7.1in.
- Excellent for those older dogs who are less mobile as they age or for dogs with injuries. More wide and deep steps are helpful for reducing the strain that constantly jumping up and down onto bed, sofa or car can have on your pet’s joints.
- Easy to assembly and clean: The stair cover is removable and machine-washable. Stair made of 30D High density foam, no frame, high rebound, not easy to loose shape.
- Free gift: Dog Rope Toy for pet chewing and playing.
- From $106.99. See on Amazon
- A Bed Ramp Designed Specifically for Small Dogs
- A bed is a dangerous place to jump from, especially for small dogs, and even more so for breeds that are prone to back injuries like corgis.
- This bed ramp for small dogs provides a convenient and safe way up and down for your dog, all while looking amazing in the bedroom with 5 beautiful color options to match your furniture.
- From $289. See on Amazon