Last Updated on January 19, 2024 by May Jones
Hey there, fellow corgi owner! Are you on the lookout for the best toys to keep your furry friend entertained and mentally stimulated?
There are actually lots of good toys for corgis, but which one you should choose depends on the situation.
This is because there are different types of toys that can be used for different types of purposes.
You might want to find a toy to keep your corgi entertained while you’re at work.
Or you could be looking for a toy that you can play with your corgi, for bonding purposes.
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about good toys for corgis, from the different types of toys to their benefits and how to use them in training.
Table of ContentsToggle
✨ Too long didn’t read ✨
1. Kong Classic Toy
✅ Challenges and entertains with treat-dispensing feature
✅ Durable, ideal for prolonged mental stimulation
✅ Popular for keeping corgis engaged while alone
2. Dog Rope Toys
✅ Great for interactive play and tug-of-war
✅ Helps in training, especially with release commands
✅ Durable material for chewing and play
🚫 Caution: Supervise play to prevent ingestion of strands, as they can be harmful if swallowed
3. Nylabone for Chewers
✅ Durable for strong corgi chewers
✅ Various shapes and sizes for all ages
✅ Promotes dental health by removing plaque and tartar
🚫 Note: Very hard texture, may not be suitable for corgis with sensitive teeth or gums
Types of Corgi Toys
Did you know that there are different types of dog toys that can be used for different purposes? Here are some of the most common types:
Puzzle toys are perfect for keeping your corgi’s mind engaged and stimulated. These toys often involve problem-solving or searching for hidden treats, providing mental stimulation and preventing boredom. Some popular puzzle toys include:
- Kong: The Kong is a classic puzzle toy that can be filled with treats, providing a tasty challenge for your corgi to solve.
- Hide-a-Squirrel: This toy involves hiding small squeaky squirrels in a plush tree trunk, encouraging your corgi to use their sense of smell and problem-solving skills to find the hidden toys.
Tug toys are great for interactive play between you and your corgi. They can also be used as a training tool, helping your corgi learn to release on command. A popular type of tug toy are rope toys as they are great for playing tug-of-war and can also be used for chewing.
Corgis have an innate urge to chew, and these toys are perfect for satisfying that urge. They come in various materials and textures, and can help promote healthy teeth and gums.
Some popular chewing toys include:
- Nylabone: Nylabones are durable and come in a variety of shapes and sizes, making them perfect for corgis of all ages.
- Antlers: Antlers are another great option for chew toys, and they come in a variety of sizes to keep your corgi engaged.
Ball toys are perfect for corgis who love to play fetch. They come in a variety of sizes and textures, making them suitable for indoor and outdoor play. A popular ball toy is the Chuckit! Ultra Ball: This high-bouncing ball is perfect for outdoor play and is durable enough to withstand tough play.
What Games Do Corgis Like To Play?
Corgis are active and playful dogs that love to engage in a variety of games and activities. Here are some of the games that corgis tend to enjoy:
- Fetch: Corgis are natural fetchers and love to chase after balls or toys. You can play fetch indoors or outdoors, and it’s a great way to exercise your corgi while also bonding with them.
- Tug-of-War: Corgis have a strong prey drive and love to play tug-of-war with their owners. This game is great for building your corgi’s strength and endurance while also providing a fun way to interact with them.
- Hide-and-Seek: Corgis are intelligent dogs that enjoy using their noses to search for things. You can play hide-and-seek with your corgi by hiding treats or toys around the house and letting them search for them. This game is mentally stimulating for your corgi and can help improve their problem-solving skills.
- Agility: Corgis are natural athletes and enjoy participating in agility courses. These courses involve jumping over hurdles, running through tunnels, and weaving through poles. Agility is a great way to provide your corgi with both physical and mental exercise.
- Puzzle toys: Corgis are smart dogs that enjoy solving puzzles. Puzzle toys, such as treat-dispensing balls or puzzle boards, are a great way to keep your corgi entertained while also providing mental stimulation.
Overall, corgis love to play and engage in a variety of games and activities. By providing them with plenty of opportunities for play, you can help keep your corgi happy, healthy, and well-exercised.
Benefits of Corgi Toys
Toys are not only fun for your corgi, but they also provide a range of benefits for your furry friend. Here are just a few reasons why toys are important for dogs:
- Mental Stimulation: Toys can provide your corgi with mental stimulation and help prevent boredom, which can lead to destructive behavior.
- Physical Exercise: Toys like tug toys and fetch toys can provide great exercise for your corgi, helping them maintain a healthy weight.
- Dental Health: Chewing toys can promote healthy teeth and gums by removing plaque and tartar buildup.
- Training: Toys can be used as rewards during training, helping to reinforce positive behavior and commands.
Using Corgi Toys in Training
Toys can be a great tool for training your corgi. Here are some tips for using toys in training:
- Use toys as rewards for good behavior during training. This can help reinforce positive behavior and commands.
- Use puzzle toys to keep your corgi mentally stimulated during training sessions.
- Tug toys can be used for interactive playtime as well as training, helping to strengthen the bond between you and your corgi.
- Chewing toys can be given to your corgi as a reward for good behavior or to redirect their attention away from unwanted behaviors.
In conclusion, corgi toys can provide numerous benefits for your furry friend, including mental stimulation, physical exercise, dental health, and training rewards. With so many different types of toys available, it’s important to choose the right toy for your corgi based on their age, size, and individual needs. Whether it’s a puzzle toy, chew toy, or tug toy, your corgi is sure to have a blast while staying happy and healthy!